The 3D model repository Sketchfab have recently just added a VR button especially designed for owners of the Google Cardboard. Whilst uploading your 3D scans to platforms such as Sketchfab is fun, it’s now even greater you can view your own 3D models in virtual reality. The Sketchfab platforms hosts over 500,000 3D models which can now all be viewed via Google Cardboard. Here at the Fuel3D offices we’ve been enjoying viewing our existing scans that we created with SCANIFY in VR and we hope our users do too. If you’d like to see some scans we’ve produced you can view our Sketchfab profile here: https://sketchfab.com/fuel3d
We’ve listed below our top 10 favourite scans on Sketchfab which can all be viewed with your Google Cardboard or VR device by simply tapping the ‘View in VR’ button in the bottom right.
1. Take a look around Van Gogh’s Room
2. Take a tour around The Rome Colosseum
3. Christ the Redeemer in Rio De Janeiro
4. Tyrannosaurus Rex from Jurrassic Park
5. Amphipolis Greek Tomb
6. Granite head of Amenemhat III from the British History Museum
7. Holographic Princess Leia scene from Star Wars (Zoom in to see detail)
8. A beautiful “chateau” of the small village of Hautefort in Dordogne, France.
9. The Academy of Athens; a philosophical school founded in 387 B.C.
10. Firewatch Fan Art