3D scanning in cosmetics
Assessment and planning for beauty and cosmetic treatments have traditionally involved extensive manual processes; often requiring the full involvement of specialist staff like dermatologists and beauticians. Increasingly, technology is being used to support the beauty industry, and 3D imaging is one area of technology that has huge potential to transform the sector.
In-store facial skin assessment: Capture incredibly accurate, color facial models to enable in-depth analysis (texture, spot control, firmness, and wrinkle control) for customized skincare.
In addition, Fuel3D can develop custom 3D scanning solutions for specific or more complex scenarios, such as:
- Digital preview: Allow customers to see virtual makeup and eyebrow details overlaid on their face scan.
- Foundation color matching: Use the scanner’s accurate color capture to match foundations.
- Permanent eyebrow stencil: Capture facial data to plan and then create custom stencil masks for each customer.
- Improved cosmetic recommendations: Accurate 3D scanning captures intricate details related to skin tone and facial structure, which help enhance recommendations on cosmetic use.
- Customer satisfaction: By using previous scans to conduct improvement analysis, customers can see evidence of their cosmetic improvements, giving them confidence that treatments are working.
- Save time: Creation of bespoke eyebrow stencils can save the customer time each time they do their eyebrows.
A close-up of a face 3D wireframe clearly shows the level of detail in the model
A 3D render of a face as seen in Fuel3D Studio software