3D scanning for dental professionals
Dental tools and technologies including 2D photography, impression kits, and plaster moulds have been in use for decades. The arrival of new 3D scanning technology brings a new dimension to many of the tasks traditionally handled by these methods.
Fuel3D technology can provide a dental specialist with the instant ability to collect permanent 3D data. For example, capturing a person’s facial data in 3D prior to fitting with an orthodontic device can be completed in a matter of seconds. The file can then be stored securely to be used again post-fitting to compare face shape, providing a much more accurate representation than 2D photos can provide.
Fuel3D develops accurate 3D scanning technologies that rapidly capture high-resolution, color 3D models of objects and faces. Our scanning systems cost dramatically less than existing 3D scanning systems, and are a fraction of the size.
The company’s market-leading handheld 3D scanner, SCANIFY, is well-suited to the 3D capture of data that can be used for:
- Pre-treatment consulting, planning and simulation
- Post-treatment confirmation of results
Fuel3D’s out-of-the-box scanner provides specialists with a powerful, cost-effective option for collecting and using data in 3D. The lightweight, portable scanner captures highly detailed color 3D images and data in less than 0.1 seconds and at a resolution accurate to 350 microns (0.35mm).
In addition, Fuel3D can develop custom scanning solutions for a range of additional tasks, such as:
- Scanning dental impressions and moulds for easy, secure storage as electronic files, and faster turnaround of dentures, crowns and bridges etc.
- Accurate measurement of finished products in 3D for quality control
- Development of whitening trays
- Save time: Simple workflows and fast capture mean that facial data can be obtained in seconds.
- Reduce shipping costs: No more postage required to send moulds to the lab, and also avoid the costs incurred when moulds are damaged in transit.
- Reduce costs: Using SCANIFY, measurements taken by non-specialist staff are as accurate as those taken by specialists.
- Improve quality: Use the scan data to confirm the quality of your final product, thereby reducing time needed for adjustments and consultation.
A side-by-side view of a 3D render and a wireframe of a rock mold as seen in Fuel3D Studio software
A 3D render of a face as seen from a side profile in Fuel3D Studio software